HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017
What you can expect :
– Road blocks around Clifton & DHA
– Early closure (6pm) of shops, restaurants, businesses, petrol pumps & public places in Clifton & DHA
– Ban on display/carrying of weapons including aerial celebratory gunfire
– Snap security checks by various law enforcement agencies
What you must do:
– Carry original valid ID documents on person
– Keep valid vehicle documents (license, registration, authority letter)
– Fill fuel tank (Petrol, CNG)
– Keep Cash reserves as ATMs may be unavailable in some areas and 2nd Jan is a Bank Holiday
– Avoid roof tops and standing near windows during aerial gunfire
– Do not argue or challenge law enforcement officers, be courteous and comply with their orders
– Avoid all unnecessary displacements wherever possible
– Avoid all major public gatherings and known trouble spots
– Advise family/friend(s) of your travel plans
– Ensure landline numbers of key contacts (personal/official/authorities) are available
– Tune in to media (tv, radio) for latest news
8 thoughts on “New Year’s Eve 2016-17 Security & Traffic Plan for Karachi”
Thank you for the information Mr. Karachi:)
Awesome & helpful… thanks
Mr Almeida you are a gem!
Noor butt you are the best. Love how pragmatic you are when it comes to safety. Glad that someone took the time out to educate people. Two thumbs up.
Noor Butt you are awesome. Love this post on safety on New Year’s Eve. You are doing what our local government has failed to do. Love your safety tips and look forward to more posts in the future.
I THINK IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BLOCK ALL THE WAYS AND ENTRIES TO REACHING the SEA VIEW BECAUSE LOCAL GOVT AND SOME AGENCIES ARE ALSO INVOLVE TO ENJOY THIS EVENT ON THE BACK OF INFLUENCE DIGNITIES. RESULT WILL COME OUT ON NEXT DAY NEWS PAPERS.
Thanks for update
Thanks so much Norbert..as always, so helpful. All the best for 2015, n here’s hoping it proves to be a safer n more happy year for us all! Cheers!