Commemoration of 12th Rabi-ul-Awal is well underway in the city.
Processions are planned in various neighborhoods of the city in the days leading up to Sunday. These will culminate with 3 major processions on Sunday 4th January/12th Rabi-ul-Awal
UPDATED Procession Routes for Sunday 4th January
M.A.Jinnah Road will be the main procession route with all three processions passing through it at some point.
Processions will be held all day commencing 9am on M.A.Jinnah Road Karachi.
Security Measures to be expected:
– Road Blocks/Diversions.
– Pillion Ridding Ban effective until 3rd & 4th Jan
– Closure of shops, restaurants, businesses, petrol pumps & public places on Procession Routes.
– Mobile phone shutdown EXPECTED 4th Jan
– Ban on display/carrying of weapons
– Snap security checks by various law enforcement agencies
What you must do:
– Carry original valid ID documents on person
– Keep valid vehicle documents (license, registration, authority letter)
– Fill fuel tank (Petrol, CNG)
– Do not argue or challenge law enforcement officers, be courteous and comply with their orders
– Ensure landline numbers of key contacts (personal/official/authorities) are available
– Tune in to media (tv, radio) for latest news
– Use ATMs prior to the holiday & maintain sufficient funds in cash