Shooting incidents are a common occurrence these days across the global. From Educational campuses, office blocks, banks to drive by street shootings.
- If there is an escape path, attempt to evacuate.
- Evacuate whether others agree to or not.
- Leave your belongings behind.
- Help others escape if possible.
- Prevent others from entering the area.
- Call the police.
If evacuation is not possible, find a place to hide.
- Lock and/or blockade the door.
- Silence your cell phone.
- Hide behind large objects.
- Remain very quiet.
Your hiding place should:
- Be out of the shooter’s view.
- Provide protection if shots are fired in your direction.
- Not trap or restrict your options for movement.
As a last resort, and only if your life is in danger:
- Attempt to incapacitate the shooter.
- Act with physical aggression.
- Improvise weapons.
- Commit to your actions.
When law enforcement arrives:
- Remain calm & follow instructions.
- Keep your hands visible at all times.
- Avoid pointing or yelling.
- Call ambulance for the injured.